We are advertising for a part-time community worker, who is positive, professional and committed. You should have good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team and alone.
The successful candidate will need to understand, share and be committed to the Oasis ethos of inclusion, equality, healthy relationships, hope and perseverance. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
You must have an interest in working with children and be an excellent role model. A good attendance record and time keeping is a must.
Oasis Academy Hobmoor is part of Oasis Community Learning which runs transformational Academies in many areas across the United Kingdom. Believing that every person, in addition to every child matters, we are working with the wider Oasis Group, transforming schools into Community hubs, through applying a holistic view of Education.
JOB PURPOSE: · To drive Oasis Academy Hobmoor vehicles in a responsible and competent manner and supervise students to and from school activities.
· Driving an Oasis Academy Mini-Bus.
· Responsible for the health and safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff.
· Carrying out daily and weekly vehicle checks and to carry out basic maintenance.
· Reporting any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents
· Ensuring the vehicle is in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
· Refuelling vehicles as required.
· Maintaining the schools image; working attire should be worn at all time and kept in a clean and tidy condition
· Working within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time-to-time.
· Working within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the Minibus Drivers’ Operation Instructions.
· Undertaking any associated duties as required by your line manager.
Safeguarding Children Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed