We are currently looking to appoint an experienced and passionate community leader to the exciting new role of Community Movement Lead within Oasis. Our community movement is core to the overall vision of Oasis, putting those in our communities at the heart of everything we do. This new key role will work closely with colleagues from the Oasis family to take an active lead on growing the community movement.
As the Community Movement Lead you will be responsible for building on existing work to grow a sense of community ownership and movement, whilst also ensuring that ethos and character development remains at the heart of our community work. Responsibilities will include the development of ‘alumni’ programme across the Oasis family, the development of youth voice and action within the organisation and to be the lead for community movement across Oasis’ community work.
About OCL and the Oasis family
With 52 academies, Oasis Community Learning (OCL) is widely recognised as one of the leading educational organisations in the UK. At the forefront of transformational education, we are a dynamic, inclusive family of academies with the aim of transforming lives within communities and offering exceptional education to over 20,000 students across four regions of England.
As part of the Oasis family OCL works closely with Oasis Community Partnerships (OCP) who are responsible for the 18 local Hub charities in Oasis communities, working closely with Academies and other entities to outwork for Oasis vision for Hub locally. This post will be part of the OCP core leadership team.
Our ideal Candidate
We are seeking a highly relational and experienced Community Leader to join us in this exciting position. To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Knowledge and experience of developing a community movement
- Experience of community delivery and charity governance
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people and facilitating youth voice
- The ability to act strategically whilst also being involved in delivery
- Experience of growing projects from the initial start-up phase through to maturity
What we can offer you
- A commitment to extensive CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to work across a diverse partnership of communities
- Defined benefit pension (including life cover, lower tax rate and ill health cover)
- Free eye tests
- Opportunity to access private healthcare
- Access to free counselling service
- The exciting opportunity to be part of our vision of community transformation
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application form and return the completed form to email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday, 29 September 2021.
CVs alone will not be accepted as an application for this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
OCL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.