Oasis Academy Daventry Road is looking for a
Teacher of the Arts (Art, Drama, Music and Food)
Are you passionate about the arts and their ability to engage students and develop communities?
Do you want to be at the vanguard of our amazing journey to transform the life chances of thousands of young people in south Bristol?
Are you someone who understands the importance of developing strong relationships with students, families, colleagues and the wider community?
Do you have high aspirations for both yourself, and all the students you teach, and do you believe all young people are capable of remarkable success?
Then please read more about us and this very special and unique role below.
Oasis Academy Daventry Road is a brand new 11-16 co-educational academy opening in south Bristol in September 2023. Starting with Year 7 only it will grow year on year to reach a capacity of 900 young people.
Oasis Academy Daventry Road will deliver high quality teaching in an environment where every child is valued and supported to succeed. We will work to develop the character and competence of all young people, in pursuit of everyone receiving an exceptional education and reaching their full potential both in learning and in life.
This position is suitable for colleagues from a range of different backgrounds. You may be a primary colleague looking to move into secondary teaching long term. You may already be a secondary colleague with experience of teaching across a range of arts-based subjects. Or you may have had previous experience in other arts-based sectors before moving into teaching. Whilst it is not necessary to be an expert in all arts-based subjects, we are looking for someone with a broad range of skills in the following curriculum areas: Art, Drama, Food Technology and Music.
In the first year you will be responsible for delivering elements of the OCL Art, Drama, Food Technology and Music curriculum to a range of Yr7 classes. You will work closely alongside the Associate Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning and the Trust National Lead Practitioners who will support you to adapt lessons to meet the needs of the young people in your care. As the Academy grows in size, year on year, there may be the option to reduce the number of subjects you teach and specialise if that suited you. In the second year, there may also be the option of maintaining the role part time or moving to a full-time position. The role would also see you take responsibility for a tutor group and be instrumental in supporting their personal development through a range of extra-curricular activities. You will be enrolled on our coaching programme and be a vital member of our start-up Academy team. For the right person, this is a truly unique opportunity.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team who has:
• a genuine commitment to working with young people, and a desire to support them to thrive in learning and life
• a high level of personal and professional integrity
• a willingness to be both a giver and a receiver of feedback
• a highly organised individual who can effectively prioritise tasks and use time efficiently
• the flexibility, adaptability, resilience and a willingness to be involved with Academy life beyond formal lessons
• the ability to bring simplicity to complex scenarios, communicating key messages effectively to a wide range of audiences
• a strong interest research related to education and learning
• a commitment to continual personal learning and development
• the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
WHY JOIN US?
● A strong and supportive staff team
● Centrally planned, knowledge rich curriculum
● Clear and simple behaviour systems with centrally managed detentions
● Weekly dedicated department time
● Weekly dedicated year team meetings
● Instructional coaching programme for all staff
● Access to Trust wide CPD
● Support from Trust National Lead Practitioners
● Access to the full suite of National Professional Qualifications through the National Institute of Teaching
● iPad and laptop provided for all staff
● Staff refreshments provided daily
● Staff social events
● Free use of the on-site Fitness Centre [Monday – Friday, 06.00 – 18.00]
● Free flu jabs
Closing Date: 9.00am 5 June 2023
Interview Date: w/c 5 June - provisional date Thursday 8 June 2023
The Academy reserves the right to close the shortlisting process early should suitable candidates apply. Early applications are therefore encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.
Download relevant documents
How do I apply for this job?
To apply for the position of Teacher of the Arts (Art, Drama, Music and Food) at Oasis Academy Daventry Road, please download and complete (by saving to your computer) the above Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Forms and either submit the forms Online (by clicking 'Apply Online') or by Emailing the academy directly.
Apply by Email
Please send your completed application by no later than to