We are looking for an outstanding, motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Science with and inspiring vision for learning to start at the academy in January 2022. Candidates must have ambition, drive and most importantly a passion for learning that will inspire pupils and the Academy community. The successful candidate will be passionate about what they do and will join a dedicated and forward thinking team.
Our offer to you
When you join the Oasis family there are a number of offers you’ll receive that make us stand out as an employer of choice. These include but are not limited to:
• Trust-wide opportunities across our National Network of 52 Academies
• Integrated support
• Opportunities for training and development internally and externally
• Defined benefit pension scheme
• Reduced workload through the Oasis resource bank
• Access to free counselling service
• Free eye tests
• A lively environment with colleagues who care
The role and what we are looking for
We require an exceptional and committed Teacher of Science to work within a supportive and highly successful department. As a key member of the team you will deliver the departmental strategies for transforming teaching, learning and student achievement. Leading the Key Stage 3 curriculum, this post is crucial in ensuring the Department is effective at a critically exciting point in the academy’s development. Our mission is to support and inspire all our students to develop the respect, resilience, skills and understanding to become independent learners and caring, responsible citizens. Our Academy therefore requires a Teacher of Science who can demonstrate:
• a focus on achieving the highest standards and delivery of quality first teaching
• the ability to develop and work in strong, effective teams and partnerships
• commitment to developing the character of all our young people
• perseverance, determination and resilience to secure positive progress outcomes for students
• an ability to inspire staff and students to achieve their very best in the classroom
• desire to tackle challenging targets and succeed
• a strong commitment to the Oasis ethos and our 9 Habits (Compassionate, Patient, Humble, Joyful, Honest, Hopeful, Considerate, Forgiving and Self-controlled)
We are a popular secondary school in Bradford dedicated to supporting our young people to reach their potential. We leave no child behind; with strong inclusion and pastoral teams to support the mainstream academic structures. We work together towards our Vision that “All our students will have happy, healthy and successful futures as a result of the quality care, nurture and education they are given at Oasis Academy Lister Park. Students will develop in character to become courageous and confident. They will be brave enough to see the opportunities in every difficulty, and strong enough to become citizens who actively promote respect, tolerance and individual liberty.”
Being part of the Oasis Community Learning multi-academy trust we benefit from support and sharing of best practice from our regional schools, Regional Director and wider Oasis family.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Like what you see? Make sure you fill out an application today and submit to us before the deadline of 8am 23rd September 2021. All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re also very happy to answer any questions you may have or show you around the school and department, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch t: 01274 362050. Visit our website to find out more at www.oasisacademylisterpark.org
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.