RESPONSIBLE TO: Deputy Principal, under the day-to-day management and leadership of Academy Exams & Admissions Officer and Lead Invigilator
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Deputy Principal, Academy Exams & Admissions Officer, Lead Invigilator, members of Invigilator team, Academy students, relevant teaching and support staff.
HOURS: Variable between 08:00 and 17:00
JOB PURPOSE: To supervise external and internal Academy examinations
- Invigilate examinations in line with Examination Board and Academy regulations.
- Ensure appropriate atmosphere in the examination room, to optimise students’ performance.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children you supervise or come into contact with.
- Invigilate the Academy Exams on required dates
- Under the direction of the Academy Exams & Admissions Officer, discourage cheating from students.
- Maintain order/discipline of students, ensuring they behave appropriately in an examination setting.
- Actively invigilate during the examination, watching students.
- Remove mobile phones for the duration of the examination.
- Provide each student with an examination paper.
- Where appropriate supply writing paper and equipment during the examination.
- Ensure the correct procedures are used for lending equipment to students.
- If requested, accompany students to the toilet, ensuring that examination regulations are maintained.
- If requested, accompany a student who becomes ill to the designated first aid area.
- Report any suspicion of cheating by students to the lead invigilator.
- Collect the examination papers and hand to the lead invigilator/Exams & Admissions Officer at the end of the examination.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies relating to child protection, security and confidentiality.
- Be aware of the Examination Board regulations.
- Be aware of the Academy’s evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency and be familiar with the procedure for each examination room.