Job Type: 12 month initial fixed-term contract. Full time role, but please speak with us at interview if you would like to explore a part-time arrangement.
Creative, comms-minded and keen to make a difference in a community that deserves the best? This is your opportunity to support Oasis Academy Longmeadow, a member of one of the largest family of schools in the UK, to share stories of the pupils’ success, to build the academy’s reputation, and to raise aspirations not just within our school but within our wider community.
This will be a rewarding yet challenging role with every opportunity to make a substantial difference to young people in Trowbridge whilst developing and proving your skills in marketing and public relations.
Our offer to you:
- The opportunity to be a part of something bigger, changing lives and giving disadvantaged young people a chance to succeed and reach their potential
- CPD opportunities – it is important to us that our staff are given the opportunity to learn and develop on-the-job to match their career goals and aspirations
- Generous holiday allowance – staff initially receive 25 days + bank holidays, rising to 30 after two years of service + bank holidays
- Defined benefit pension – all employees can opt for our pension scheme with life cover, lower tax, ill health cover and a set rate of LGPS 1/49
- Expenses and travel costs paid
- Wellbeing resources and staff counselling services
More about the role… If you’re looking for a job with variation then supporting Oasis Academy Longmeadow will certainly provide that. The academy is currently judged as ‘Requires Improvement’ by Ofsted, and is on a sustainable journey to ‘Good.’ We need your help to engage with parents and families in the local community to share the good news about the transformation taking place at the school.
We need a confident communicator with the energy and the experience to lead on different aspects of communications, from social media and PR to events and relationship building –we look forward to hearing your ideas about where you want to take our marketing strategies. An understanding of our local community would be desirable. We passionately believe that every child at the academy can reach their potential with us and when they leave us they’ll be prepared and ready for secondary education. We need your help to instil this aspiration throughout the school and community.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level education or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in digital communications and social media marketing
- Confidence to readily engage with staff, parents and the local community so as to drive forward positive messaging that reflects the inspirational academies
- An aptitude for creative thinking
- Strong written communication skills
- The ability to make sound judgements, prioritising tasks
- Experience working with journalists is desirable although not essential
- Experience with Adobe design software is also desirable
As an organisation, we specialise in working in socially deprived communities, and have intentionally positioned our education services within some of the most challenging, yet potential-rich, communities in the country. Our ethos of inclusion, equality, healthy working relationships, hope and perseverance is key to achieving our mission and we would expect candidates to champion this. Find out more about us here.
Ready for the challenge? Apply today!
Please complete the application form and return this to email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Friday 1st October 2021. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to have a discussion with you about this.
Please not that we will not be able to accept CV applications alone – all candidates will be required to complete full application forms prior to any interview.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Enhanced DBS checks will be required for the safeguarding of our academy families.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.